[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Into The Deep

I was hoping to be at ToddFest, but the PFH keeps my on a tight
tether and I must stay nearby.  Hope everyone is having a great
time.  While awaiting the inevitable call into work, I remixed
and added some parts to my song for Toby's CD, hopefully he still
has time for my second late submission.  Meanwhile, here are the
lyrics...

Into The Deep

Holding their child within their eyes,
They cross the oceans, the widest oceans
Their visions past, their tide will turn
and hold their children in his ancient hands
Hand in hand, hand in hand

And the more they try to hold back time
the harder to keep their place in the line,
cause there's no excuse, no return,
when you've started that fall
Down into the deep, down into the deep

Holding your son within your arms,
You cross the rivers, the raging waters,
to dry your sorrows in the waning sun,
a burden passed, the sky looks down
and watches your children one at a time
One by one, one by one

And the more you try to hold back time,
the faster you fly, then the sooner you'll sleep
cause there's no excuse, no reason,
when you've started that fall
Down into the deep, down into the deep

Losing my child within my heart,
I climbed the mountain, the highest peak
just to fall by the river at the last sunset,
a moment passed, and Time walks by
and takes my child to follow in his footsteps,
Step by step, step by step,
One by one,
Hand in hand

Outro:

And the more I try to hold back time
and the more I try to hold back time (repeat, over and over)

Time, Time, passes (repeat, over and over)

I want my child, my ancient child,
I want my peace, my peace of mind
You want your child, your ancient child,
You want your peace, your peace of mind
They want their child, their ancient child,
They want their peace, their peace of mind

(the three outro parts are sung together as a round)

Now back to the AWATS tribute work....